Aberystwyth University | Ph.D Student in History and Welsh History | September 2020 – Present
- Subject area focuses on the symbol of a wartime songstress; an exploration of the women behind World War II’s most iconic songs
New York University | Master of Arts in International Relations and Journalism | Graduated May 2017
- Awarded Departmental Fellowship Tuition Scholarship for Fall 2015, Spring 2016 and Fall 2017
University of Waterloo | Bachelor of Arts Joint Honors in Political Science and History, International Relations and Global Governance Specialization | Graduated April 2014
- Won the 3 Political Science Awards (2012-2014), Marlies Loewen Schaan Scholarship (Fall 2013), Paul D. Imrie Scholarship (Fall 2012), Faculty of Arts Upper-Year Scholarship (Fall 2011), University of Waterloo President’s Scholarship (Fall 2010) and Queen Elizabeth II Aiming for the Top Scholarship (Fall 2010-2014)
Research Officer, Policy Analyst | The International Institute for Sustainable Development | November 2017 – August 2020
- Developed, researched, and wrote comprehensive reports and policy analysis on topics of conflict and peacebuilding, climate change adaptation, climate justice, and sustainability.
- Aided in the organization and implementation of international workshops and summits for climate change policymakers and practitioners.
- Received Prospect Magazine’s Think Tank Award for work and research on the conflict and fragility implications of the low-carbon transition, calling for responsible sourcing and peaceful extraction of strategic minerals.
Freelance Writer and Researcher | September 2014 – present
- Contributed writing, editing, and reporting on the topics of collective memory, resistance, women, indigenous rights, human rights, and politics.
- Published in a number of news outlets including: openDemocracy, New York Magazine, Salon, Civic Ideas, ProPublica, Post Media, Tablet Magazine, Women Across Frontiers, and more.
- Wrote and managed a blog on sustainable lifestyles, called “720 to 0“.
Business Administration Coordinator | The Ministry of the Attorney General, Government of Ontario | June 2017 – November 2017
- Coordinated communications, and correspondence within the Provincial Programs Unit.
- Created, edited, and prepared for publication business cases and reports.
Graduate Investigative Assistant | ProPublica and New York University | January 2017 – August 2017
- Researched and wrote for ongoing projects with a team of investigative journalists.
- Contributed reporting to “Open Burns, Ill Winds,” “One Year, One Facility, 1.7 Million Pounds of Hazardous Waste Burned in Open Air,” “Kaboom Town,” and “Lost Mothers.”
Editor in Chief | The Journal of Political Inquiry, New York University | September 2015 – May 2017
- Managed a staff of 23 editors, coordinating both an academic journal and online news outlet.
- Trained copy-editors, fact-checkers, and managing editors.
- Developed, wrote, and published articles on topics of international relations, politics, human rights, justice, and indigenous rights.
Nonprofit Communications Fellow | The New York Community Trust | May 2016 – May 2017
- Reported and published articles regarding nonprofit advocacy and community development.
- Wrote newsletters, annual reports, and press briefings on issues including education, criminal justice, older adults, and environmental protection.
- Shared and copy-edited media releases via social media and other news outlets.
Teaching Assistant | Arthur L. Carter Journalism Institute, New York University | September 2015 – May 2017
- Supported with classes “Mining the Archives” and “Research Methods.” Led classes in discussion, marked papers and offered guidance to students.
- Edited professional articles, organized files and documents, and issued permission requests.
- Helped to organize trip to Abu Dhabi, UAE, for students to learn about methods in oral history and Middle Eastern politics.
Researcher | Ark Media | January 2016 – May 2016
- Researched and archived material for the PBS and NOVA documentary “School of the Future.”
Advisor Support & Program Support Clerk | Provincial Interministerial Councils, Ontario | May 2014 – September 2015
- Project lead of annual “Quarter Century Club” event.
- Created and edited research documents for First Nations and Diversity Working Groups.
- Redesigned and updated the intranet website to enable better accessibility and user navigation.
Certifications, Skills, Awards
- Named Top 30 Under 30 by Corporate Knight’s Magazine (2018)
- Fluent in French and English, Conversational skills in Spanish and German
- International House Scholarship (September 2016-May 2017)
- Achieved 98th percentile on the GRE writing component, 84th percentile in vocabulary
- Hiked El Camino de Santiago, an 890km trail across Northern Spain (Fall 2014)
- Attained a score of 160 on the LSAT, achieving the 80th percentile (October 2012)
- First AID, CPR and Healthy Child Development Certified